September 14 – 15, 2017
At the Policymaker Roundtable, leading privacy professionals meet with
key policymakers to engage in a candid and constructive dialogue.
2017 Schedule below
5:00 PM Reception
6:00 PM Keynote Q&A – Commissioner Terrell McSweeny
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM Dinner
8:00 AM Breakfast and Introductory Remarks
9:00 AM Morning Panel Q&A
Privacy and Security Policy Under the New Administration
Panel to be announced.
What has the impact of the new Trump Administration had on privacy and security? What is in store for the future? How will the regulatory landscape evolve over the next few years?
10:00 AM Break
10:30 AM Breakout Discussion Session #1
Privacy and Security Policy Under the New Administration Discussion
(breakout rooms assigned on the reverse side of name badges)
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Breakout Discussion Session #2
The GDPR and the Future of EU Privacy
On the eve before the dawn of GDPR enforcement, what are the current challenges being faced in getting ready? What are the key issues for 2018? How will multinationals operate in this new environment?
2:30 PM Break
3:00 PM Breakout Discussion Session #3
We will program this last session on emerging topics in the weeks before the Roundtable
4:00 PM Closing Reception
5:00 PM End of Roundtable
The 2017 event will be held at The National Press Club.
2017 Participation Fee
- Admission to the Roundtable
- Full event brochure
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner
- Access to countless Privacy thought leaders
You will be able to earn CPE or CLE credits based on 5.0 hours of formal programming during the event. Written material will be provided to all participants. Credits awarded differ from state to state, and will be granted at the discretion of the individual state bars.
Policymakers for 2017
- Neil Chilson, Acting Chief Technologist, FTC
- Molly Crawford, Chief of Staff – Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, FTC
- Lynne Parker Dupree, Privacy & Civil Liberties Oversight Board, FTC
- Michael Epshteyn, Assistant Division Chief, FCC
- Andrea Glorioso, Counsellor – Digital Economy/Cyber, Delegation of the European Union to the USA
- Cora Tung Han, Senior Attorney – Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, FTC
- Peyton Isaac, Senior Policy Analyst, HHS
- Dena Kozanas, Acting Chief of Staff and Advisor, Privacy & Civil Liberties Oversight Board
- Morris Landau, Supervisor Program Analyst (Privacy Branch Chief) Office of the Chief Privacy Officer Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Terrell McSweeny, Commissioner, FTC
- Maneesha Mithal, Associate Director – Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, FTC
- Rebecca J. Richards, DISES, Director – Office of Civil Liberties and Privacy (Previously at DHS Privacy Office), National Security Agency
- Guilherme Roschke, Counsel for International Consumer Protection – Office of International Affairs, FTC
- Kathleen M. Styles, Chief Privacy Officer, U.S. Department of Education
Participating Policymakers Archive
For a list of past policymakers from 2013 – 2016, click here.
Click here to access materials from the 2014 – 2016 Roundtables.
The keynote speaker for the 2017 Policymaker Roundtable is going to be The Honorable Commissioner Terrell McSweeny of the Federal Trade Commission. Her address is sure to be informative, insightful, and topical. In addition to her candid discourse, she will take questions from those gathered at the end of her discussion.
Request an Invitation
Would you like to participate in the Policymaker Roundtable? Please send us an email with some background information and we will get back to you. Send us your contact details.
Are you interested in being a sponsor of this event? Send us a request for more information.
Sponsors for 2017
The Organizing Committee would like to thank the
following sponsors for their support: